Surveys about citizens' satisfaction normally address municipalities and other public institutions.
The objective of an investigation of citizens' satisfaction is to reflect the point of view of a section of the population on a certain subject and establish a focus on all represented points of view. An investigation of citizens' satisfaction therefore can, among other things, serve as a powerful instrument in considerations about new areas of action and changes in the future distribution of resources.
An investigation of citizens' satisfaction can be used to:
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in the municipality
- Focus actions towards areas that requires special emphasis
- Identify problems that would otherwise not be represented
- Adjust service level in accordance with citizens' wishes and needs
- Test citizens' satisfaction with the municipality over time
- Measure citizens' satisfaction with information in the municipality
- Assess the effectiveness of a municipal information campaign